Who We Are
Mountain State Justice is a nationally recognized, non-profit law office with offices in Charleston, and Morgantown, West Virginia. MSJ is dedicated to redressing entrenched and emerging systemic social, political, and economic imbalances of power for marginalized West Virginians, through legal advocacy and community empowerment. Essential to our mission is an inclusive work environment that encourages, supports, and rewards the collaborative and creative pursuit of professional excellence. The MSJ team is committed to shared values of impact; excellence; empowerment; compassion; integrity; maximizing available resources; and addressing unmet needs.
At MSJ you will work with creative and aggressive advocates who care deeply about our work and our clients. MSJ values candidates who bring diverse experiences to the workplace, including economic, racial, ethnic, and gender backgrounds, and criminal legal system contact.
MSJ is seeking a full-time office assistant to work in our Charleston, West Virginia office. This position will be responsible for the front desk, providing various main office functions including: answering phones, greeting visitors, reviewing, scanning and distributing mail, filing, monitoring office supplies, preparing conference rooms, and providing administrative and clerical support as needed.
Who You Are
The following is an aspirational view of an ideal candidate; we encourage applications from candidates with a wide range of experiences and backgrounds, especially those from historically marginalized groups. While no candidate will bring every qualification desired, the below are representative of the knowledge and skills that MSJ seeks for this hire:
- Excellent people skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task & excellent organizational skills
- Comfort with technology, including case management software, Adobe Pro, and Microsoft 365
- Dependability and strong work ethic
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience working with low income, high needs, or marginalized people
- Knowledge of West Virginia social service system
- Lived experience with racism, poverty, and/or other inequity
- Energetic and ability to thrive in a fast-past environment
- Commitment to social and racial justice
- Bilingual (especially in English and either Arabic or Spanish)
Compensation & Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience. Salaries range from $35,000 with little to no prior experience to around $55,000 for more than fifteen years’ experience. Excellent benefits package, including generous health insurance package, vision, dental, and life insurance, flexible spending account and/or health savings account, paid annual and sick leave and holidays, parental leave, sabbatical leave, and retirement contribution.
To apply, please send a cover letter explaining your qualifications and interest and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Office Assistant.”
Application deadline: March 18, 2022